I love french fries. If I could, I would eat them every day all day long. But, that is not very realistic because they aren’t that great for you, and there are other alternatives that are actually good for you- and they’re tasty! I still haven’t been able to give up my beloved ketchup because it is so yummy. I am confident that I could eat ketchup on anything. I really do love it.
I have seen pictures of these yummy french fries on various Instagram pages, so I decided to come up with my own recipe! I kind of just winged it without looking anything up- I did measurements based on personal preference and what I thought would work! You can customize this recipe for whatever you want, though! Add some cumin, leave out the garlic, cut down some of the salt- I don’t care, do whatever pleases you!
Wow, these are so good! I honestly wasn’t expecting them to be that good, but I ate them all! They even taste good without any ketchup! I tried them with and without ketchup and I can honestly say that they taste good either way!
Anyways, onto the healthy baked french fries! I really do need to find a synonym for the word, “anyways.” I use it way too much!
- 1 Uncooked Potato
- 3 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash potato and cut into desired slices
- Combine seasonings and spices (not olive oil) in a small bowl
- Transfer potato slices into bowl with spices
- Cover potatoes in spices
- Add olive oil to bowl and toss potatoes
- Arrange potato slices on a sheet covered with aluminum foil
- Place in oven and let cook for 30 minutes, turning/shaking/flipping every 10 minutes